Opening it’s gates in summer of 2017 H2OBX Waterpark is northeastern North Carolina’s newest and finest waterpark. We are actively seeking a Director of Food & Beverage. This is a full-time, year-round position working under the park’s General Manager and a crucial member of the park’s management team. The Director of Food and Beverage will be responsible for the daily operations of the park’s 4 eateries, multiple food stands and our bar.
- Ensures that all food products are consistently prepared and served according to the park’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Ordering and inventory management
- Act as a role model Team Members under your supervision by focusing on the demonstration of positive action, behavior, attendance, work ethic and guest service.
- Excellent team management skills including scheduling, resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, performance management and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Prepare operational reports
- Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Works hands on over given periods of time to meet business demands to ensure that day to day operations run smoothly
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management; Previous experience in developing operating budgets and established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Tech savvy, with proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Understands and complies with all federal, state, and county regulations pertaining to the health and safety of restaurant facilities.
- Maintains effective communication and interaction with all departments of the property.
- Act as Manager on Duty on a rotating basis.
- Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Requires seven (3+) years progressive experience in F&B Management.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling and responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Excellent interpersonal, guest service, leadership, communication, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills are required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of Food and Beverage operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
Working area is subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.