We always love the summer days of soaking up Vitamin D with sunshine rays and minimal clouds in the sky, but we have to remember to protect ourselves while enjoying it. Too much Vitamin D/UV rays can be bad for you. We’re here to remind you of all the ways to protect yourself while enjoying a day at the park!
· Arrive at the park early to ensure you can grab a spot under one of our many umbrellas that are on a first come-first serve basis throughout the park. You can also purchase a cabana in advance to secure a larger private space for the day.
· Use sunscreen with sun protection factor (SPF) 15 or higher. Forgot yours at home? We’ve got you covered in Wright Stuff Retail near the main gate. Lather up and reapply often. You’ll thank yourself when you don’t look like a lobster at the end of the day!
· Swim shirts/shorts are a great additional coverage especially for smaller children. Look for different types of garments that offer protection from the sun. A higher number means more protection from UV rays.
· Wear a wide brim hat to shade your face while walking around the park (not permitted on slides).
· It’s not just your skin to be worried about, your eyes can also be affected by UV rays. Be sure to snag your sunglasses as you head out the door in the morning. They’ll be a lifesaver throughout the day at the waterpark.
· Don’t forget to apply and reapply sunscreen multiple times throughout the day. Even though sunscreen says it’s water resistant it is not waterproof. Sunscreens must state the length of time they are water resistant for, which is typically up to 80 minutes max. Set a timer and be sure to lather up plenty of times throughout the day to ensure extra protection!